A school that makes a difference
Fortune Academy is a destination for the education of individuals with learning differences. We are committed to enhancing innovative opportunities for our K-12th grade students, teacher training, and the expansion of a comprehensive community resource center. We are a leader in research-based education. According to research done by the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, nearly 1 in 5 students are affected by dyslexia, 1 in 30 have been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD and over 40% of students with language based learning differences are improperly placed in special needs programs that aren't addressing their needs. We are home to these students. They deserve an education that makes sense to them, we are here to provide it.
We seek to become a world model in education for those who learn differently through:
education I evaluation I community resource research i professional development
Our Mission is Simple
The mission of Fortune Academy is to be a comprehensive school dedicated to educating and equipping students with language based learning differences to become competent and confident lifelong learners. The school is designed to provide an environment that nurtures each child's development, builds upon his/her individual strengths, and offers remediation in areas of weakness.
Fortune Academy provides a safe and positive learning environment that focuses on meeting students where they are, understanding their strengths and challenges, and helping them succeed. We focus on:
- multi-sensory instruction to support academic learning
- remediating areas of academic deficits
- build on areas of strengths
- improving executive function skills
- develop self-awareness, perseverance skills, attainable goal-setting, teach and practice effective coping strategies and self- advocacy skills
- serving students affected by: dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, ADD/ ADHD, expressive language disorder, receptive language disorder, written expression disorder, anxiety disorders, central auditory processing disorder (CAPD), or executive function disorder.
DID YOU KNOW?
Fortune Academy is the only school in Indiana that is accredited by the Academy of Orton-Gillingham.
Our guiding beliefs
That students with language learning differences are capable of learning, making progress, and compensating.
That their differences also give them strengths that need to be put to the service of society, family, and work.
That our commitment to educating students with language learning differences makes success possible for these individuals.
That we will be advocates for students with specific language learning differences/dyslexia.
That we must be role models for other teachers and schools.
VISIT US AND SEE