Come visit our school! We'd love to show you all that Fortune Academy has to offer. Our tours run on Wednesdays and are conducted during normal school hours and are by appointment only.
At the end of your tour, you will receive an application packet. Complete and submit the Fortune Academy Application for Admission along with a non-refundable application fee of $100. Please verify that all items on the application checklist are included to expedite your child’s application. In addition, please include a recent photograph of your child.
If you are not able to visit us but would still like to complete an application, you can download it below. Once you've printed and completed the application, please mail it along with your $100 application fee (checks made out to Fortune Academy) to:
5626 Lawton Loop East Dr.
Indianapolis, IN 46216
Please do not email us a copy of your completed application as they will not be accepted.
CURRENT EDUCATIONAL TESTING
Along with your application, please also submit a psychoeducational evaluation that has been completed by a licensed psychologist or neuro-psychologist within the past two years. Parents/guardians may be asked to update or provide additional testing to begin the admission process if more information is necessary to determine placement. Include other evaluations for the past two years if available, such as:
- Speech and Language Evaluations
- Occupational Therapy Evaluations
- Standardized Test Scores
- Report Cards and/or Progress Reports
- Individual Education Plan, 504 Plan, or Private School Service Plan
- Psychological Evaluation Reports
STUDENT and PARENT/GUARDIAN INTERVIEW
Upon review of the listed items, the potential student and parents will be interviewed by administration to obtain additional information and/or to clarify information received by Fortune Academy. Interviews are approximately thirty minutes.
Upon review of the listed items, the potential student will shadow at Fortune Academy for a minimum of one day. During the visit, placement will be in classes that are grade and skill-level appropriate. Potential students will participate fully in classroom activities. Prospective students have the opportunity to meet their classmates and teachers and experience the culture of Fortune Academy. Teachers will conduct informal reading and math assessments to identify academic strengths and areas of challenge that will be addressed if the student is accepted into Fortune Academy.
After a thorough review of the potential student’s complete application, interview (if applicable), and Shadow Day(s), the Administration will meet and determine:
- Acceptance: The Administration has found the student’s strengths and needs are an appropriate match to the Fortune Academy environment.
- Wait List: The Administration has accepted the student (see Acceptance above) however; currently no available openings are listed for the student’s grade and skill level. The date the completed application is received determines the student’s position on the Wait List.
- Non-Acceptance: The Administration has found that the student’s strengths and needs are not an appropriate match to Fortune Academy’s educational environment.